Saturday, July 12, 2014

FAL 2014 #Q3 List

Thanks, Katy, at The Littlest Thistle for hosting this Finish-A-Long. It is helping to keep me on track to finish some of my W.I.P.'s.

Here is my list for the third quarter of the FAL 2014.
  1. X's and O's quilt from a tutorial from MSQC. This will be a quilt for a great-niece of mine whose birthday is in August, so I best get to working on it!
  2. Seahawks Quilt for my middle son for his birthday, fabric is purchased just need to work the pattern out. This needs to be done by September 2nd.
  3. I also need to make 15 reusable bags, to carry sandwiches, and snacks for lunches. I have just received the fabric and zippers, and they are a gift for my son's girlfriend. She just graduated from college and starts graduate school in September.
  4. I really enjoy hand quilting, and want to make a Fractured Quilt to do this on. Wanda from the blog Exuberant Color has done quite a few that I admire, and I plan on using my scraps with red and low volume. Just need to find a few more low volume fabrics in my stash.
  5. I purchased fabric to make an Aviatrix Medallion Quilt from Oh, Fransson! I love EVERYTHING Elizabeth Hartman makes!
  6. Gypsy Wives by Jen Kingwell, using Terra Australis fabric. I purchased a jelly roll of this a month or so ago, and have ordered some additional fabric to go with it.
Plus my carryover from #Q2/#Q1
  1. Summersville 25 Patch Quilt, I saw this on Pinterest.
  2. Falling Charms by Missouri Star Quilting Company in patriotic colors. I actually have enough for two of these quilts.
  3. Quilting my Craftsy BOM 2012 that I got basted during May.
  4. Christmas Scrappy Trip quilt with jelly rolls of  "In From the Cold" by Kate Spain; for me! Backing was purchased last week.
  5. Cat QAL (from Oh, Fransson! Cat Quilt A Long) in black and white with turquoise for the sashing; for a family member. The fabrics are purchased and ready to cut.
  6. Scrappy 9 patch with a solid for odd blocks. All the 9 patches are done, just need to cut the solid and the sashing strips. These were a swap.
  7. Hawaiian Christmas Quilt by Nancy Chong of Pacific Rim Quilts. This has been a work in progress for 5 years and I only have 2 more blocks to applique.  Then put the top together and baste. I kind of wanted to hand quilt this one.
  8. Over the River & Through the Woods by Crabapple Hill Pattern Co.. I have two of the panels done and third one started (more done on the third panel during #Q2). Fabric for scrappy blocks purchased and some put together.
  9. Blue and Yellow Irish Chain all hand sewn, I started this probably 12 years ago, and not quite sure how I am going to finish it. I might just see how many blocks I have together and go with what I have!
  10. Periwinkle Strings, some of the blocks are done.
  11. Gingerbread Table Runner, pattern is pulled along with the fabric.
  12. Solids, Black and White quilt by Red Pepper Quilts
  13. Rainbow Stars by Ellison Lane Quilts. The fabric has been chosen for about 9 months now and is just patiently waiting for me to start on it.
  14. Mega Churn Dash with brown and white from the book by Kathy Doughty called Adding Layers. I first saw this quilt on Wanda's blog of Exuberant Color.
  15. DC Metro Quilt, I have designed this quilt and have the fabric for it.

So a total of 6 plus 15 equals 21 projects, definitely more than I will be able to accomplish, but it gives me something to work towards, and a lot of them are W.I.P. or U.F.O.'s. Who knows what I might be able to accomplish?

My Quilt Bucket List
These quilts I want to make, but have not decided on the fabric or am not ready to start on yet. I figure if it is written down somewhere, I will be more likely to remember them!
  • Triangle Quilt
  • I also have a desire to start a Pickledish Quilt, but I am not sure of the fabric yet, so I really can't put this on here.
  • I have wanted to make a Please Read With Me Quilt since it first appeared on Moda Bake Shop, but when Melissa Corry of the Happy Quilting Blog did this one, I fell in love with it!
  • Modern Maple Leaves Quilt for the fall.
  • Rainbow Dear Jane Quilt, I have most of the fabric and it is just waiting for me to start.
Maybe one of these will be added to the Fourth Quarter FAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment