Monday, April 7, 2014

FAL 2014 Q2 List

The list for FAL #Q2 is going to be more extensive than my first quarter, and I know I will not get through it all.
1. My Craftsy BOM 2012 that I did not baste or quilt from Q1.
2. My Scrappy 5" x 7" low volume rectangles from Q1. This is where I first saw this design, and just now recently was able to find the Flying Farfalle Quilt by Film in the Fridge
3. Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along from Material Girl Quilts with V & Co layer cake.
4. Christmas Scrappy Trip quilt with jelly rolls of  "In From the Cold" by Kate Spain; for me!
5. Cat QAL (from Oh, Fransson! Cat Quilt A Long) in black and white with turquoise for the sashing; for a family member. The fabrics are purchased and ready to cut.
6. Cat QAL (from  Oh Fransson! Cat Quilt Along) in pastels with white for the sashing; for a teacher. The fabrics are purchased and ready to cut.
7. Positively Quilt in batiks; for a teacher. The fabrics all cut and ready to go together. This is a pattern I wrote up for myself after seeing this quilt on Flickr. I loved that quilt so much I made one in VERY similar colors, because it just made me smile when I looked at it! This one and #6 need to be done before school is out at the end of May.
8. Scrappy 9 patch with a solid for odd blocks. All the 9 patches are done, just need to cut the solid. These were a swap.
9. Hawaiian Christmas Quilt by Nancy Chong of Pacific Rim Quilts. This has been a work in progress for 5 years and I only have 2 more blocks to applique.  Then put the top together and baste. I kind of wanted to hand quilt this one.
10. Over the River & Through the Woods by Crabapple Hill Pattern Co.. I have two of the panels done and third one started. Fabric for scrappy blocks purchased and some put together.
11. Blue and Yellow Irish Chain all hand sewn, I started this probably 12 years ago, and not quite sure how I am going to finish it.
12. Arkansas Crossroads using scraps, some blocks are made.
13. Solids, Black and White quilt by Red Pepper Quilts
14. X's and O's quilt from a tutorial from MSQC. This will be a quilt for a niece of mine.
15. Rainbow Stars by Ellison Lane Quilts. The fabric has been chosen for about 9 months now and is just patiently waiting for me to start on it.
16. Baby Boy Quilt in brown, blue and cream. This is just a simple pattern. The top is done and basted, now to quilt it
17. Mini Swoon by Thimbleblossoms, pattern is purchased and I think I will do it in yellows and aqua.
18. Aeroplane Bag by Sew Sweetness. Fabric is purchased and on my cutting table.
19. Cargo Bag by Noodlehead will be using the same fabric as the Aeroplane Bag.
20.  Mega Churn Dash with brown and white from the book by Kathy Doughty called Adding Layers. I first saw this quilt on Wanda's blog of Exuberant Color.

3 comments:

  1. Your list is even more ambitious than mine! But I too like to post everything even if I know that I might not get it all done. they say putting it all out there is the best way to hold you to your goals.

    I love that you are doing a Nancy Chong design --- I took her hand quilting class on Quilt University back in 2010. Loved it and now I can say I'm a hand quilter too (although we won't discuss my stitches per inch....) Good Luck this quarter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive list! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lani thats a massive list! But I understand you have some pretty awesome projects. Good luck

    ReplyDelete