Thursday, June 26, 2014

Second (2nd) FAL 2014 #Q2

This #Catventquiltalong quilt I had to finish by May 27th for my grandson's preschool teacher. It was a lot of fun to make and even though my points on the cat's faces were not as good as I'd like them, I would still make this one again.  The teacher's information stated she likes pastel colors and loves cats, so when I saw this pattern put out in December 2013 by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson! I knew it would be perfect for her. My trouble was finding the pastels, since I am not a pastel person. I love the bright and vivid colors. After making this I was happy to see it in the pastels, and would use them again. It was interesting to work with fabric not of my choosing. Catvent Quilt front. . .
 Catvent Quilt back. I used some of the pastels, bordered by white, and some pastel butterfly fabric from my stash from one of the Western Washington Quilt Shop Hop that I had on hand. The quilt wasn't quite big enough with 100 cat faces, so I added the border and I think it added a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment